Side effects

Most discussions go here except personal/family stories
archivebot
Site Admin

Side effects

Postby archivebot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:53 pm

by Oil veteran » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 am
Hello,

I have experience in dealing with Simpson oil for a little over a year now. I have helped over twenty patients to acquire and use the oil along with curing myself with the oil. I am aware of several side effects through patients' relayed experience, or firsthand experience. None of the effects I have encountered are Ever mentioned on the websites, or by Rick, except sleepiness. Other effects experienced include: slowing of bowels/constipation, dehydration, clearing of acne, wide ranges of moodiness from anxiety, extreme happiness, and overall calm.
I have had several male patients including myself report less erectile dysfunction problems and increased sexual desire. Improvements in the senses of smell, hearing, taste and vision have been reported.

I believe most of the negative aspects of these physical side effects can be diminished with proper hydration, as it seems that the cotton mouth and the constipation respond well to increased water intake. The moodiness usually diminishes with time as the patient gains experience and learns to titrate so as to avoid the anxiety associated with doses near the high end of the tolerance scale. All other effects seem to have no negative impact on the health of the patients.

I would like input from others who have experienced any effects on patients from properly made Simpson oil.

Oil veteran
New User

Re: Side effects

Postby Christian » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
I've had people report anxiety, especially when starting to take the oil or those with no experience. Some people have even reported vomiting upon taking too high of a dose. I am not sure if this is from too much THC or chlorophyll content of the oil.

As for good effects, many people report various random side effects, one person even claimed it helped some of his hair grow back. Blood pressure, blood sugars may be some other things changed as well.

Christian
Site Admin

Postby survivor » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 am
I have a patient who has been with me for over a year now. He has Mesothelioma. He was diagnosed with it last sept. He was given 6-8 wks to live. :lol:

When he was diagnosed, they wanted to start him on chemo right away, his heart wouldn't take it and they almost killied him with it the first dose. The outlook was grim. Sent him home to contact hospice and die. I got him some oil that week, and after 4 days, he was up and about and even on his roof cleaning gutters. he was 74 yrs old then!

within weeks he was very much improved and went to see his doctor again. The doctor was amazed and of course since this man was in much better health, he decided "let's try that chemo again". hahaha, gotta make a living right? Anyways, this time, the chemo didn't bother the patient, and he began his journey as another western medicine cash cow. He tolerated the chemo quite well, and even went off to Florida to spend the winter with family. Every month or so, another family member would take his oil down to him and he remained in quite good health. The tumors shrunk by over 70%, his cough and abdominal pain was gone, and he was actually in better health than months before his diagnosis.

forward to today........................he is still with us , over a year past his"expiration date" set by his oncologist. :roll: He has had 12 chemo treatments over that time, has never lost any of his hair( this still baffles his doctors) has never had to deal with mouth sores.nausea, or "chemo brain". He is doing remarkably well still and it looks like he will spend another winter in sunny Fla.

I am positive beyond a shadow of a doubt that he would not be with us today if not for the RSO.
I'm not a doctor, nor did I stay at a holiday inn recently, but I do make a nice clean powerful oil, and enjoy keeping good people alive and healthy with God's wonderful medicine.

survivor

Postby slowspeed » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 am
This is all about side effects = My buddy has blood in his stool and has thrown up and had dark like stuff come up or out!
This is only my 6th time making oil.This is how I did it
1 oz trim and bud (indica)
coffee grind (no rick did not do this)
soak in napta and mix with hand rubber glove 3 4 min
Filter greenish stuff with coffee filter and squeeze out by hand with glove
rice cooker to bubbling checking with digital temp Gage never higher then 300*f
very interesting at last 4 or so oz add 2 drops of water and the stuff evaps quicker
put on low heat for 1 hr or so
transfer to smaller 4 to 6 oz ss steel cup
put in baggie and set in sun for 2 days (bag stays open,just to keep dust out)
Now oil can be put in its holder to store .I got 5 or so cc
It is thick like toothpaste and dark

Cleaned the tip of the syringe off on a peace of paper McDonalds mcmuffin paper the yellow stuff. The oil ate a hole in the paper.Small holes,I am now doing a test on a new peace of paper!
My buddy is taking my oil for a Brain tumor.
I have had a few upset tummy's after ingesting and have had some yuk'y poop.But that could be anything ,bad food ?
My Buddy's tumor is non cancer ,they cant operate,he has bad sezures 1 to 3 times a day
he can not afford to pay for the meds that the doc wants him to take

he has only taken oil about 2 weeks now.I do not want to take or give anyone something that eats yellow paper??
Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff

slowspeed
New User

Postby survivor » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 am
you should cook it at a lower temp than 300, Rick says never go over 290 degrees, I don't let mine even get over 220. Then it gets an overnight simmer in a water bath type cooker so that it will not burn as I make sure all the solvent is gone. Make sure all the lil bubbles are gone.When the oil is free of any bubbles or boiling activity, it is finally done.

light and sun degrades THC

survivor

Postby pizarus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 am
My wife is taking RSO following a breast cancer diagnosis 2 year ago .
She had chemo and radio at the time.

She seems to be very sensitive to the high . which she doesn't like .
A dose of 2 x 0.10 gr of oil daily is about all she can deal with right now .

But she has a side effect I never heard of in the forums .
After taking the oil she feels pain in her bones or skeleton .
When the effect of the oil subside , the pain in her bone subside also.

I have taking the oil myself without any of that effect.
Usually we expect a reduction in pain after taking the medecine .
not an increase .

I believe the oil was well made with an ethanol extraction .
She used to have arthritis , but she has cured herself of it few years ago .

Has anybody heard of such a side effect ?
Is it just a personnal sensitivity ?

Thanks

pizarus
New User

Postby NSCLC Jorge » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 pm
Check for side effects of the chemo drugs.
Bone pain is a side effect of several chemo cocktails.

NSCLC Jorge
New User

Postby survivor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 am
I don't think you can cure yourself of arthritis. I may be wrong, but it is a degenerative disease that usually only gets managed with age. The RSO works great for arthritis, as does topical oils ( glycerin or olive oil based).It can take some people a few weeks to get themselves up to a large dose. I have found that to take it more often(before the effects wear off all together) helps a person get used to the buzz and similar side effects. I never would have believed it till I found out by accident one day for myself.

If you keep taking as much as you are comfortable taking and upping it gradually,and not giving long breaks between doses,you will see much better results IMO.I know people fighting cancer who take a gram a day(in 4 doses) and are barely buzzed anymore.They are just comfortable and riding along on an even keel.It can take as long as 3-4 weeks to work up to that much of a dose.

I really doubt that the RSO is causing bone pain. I hate to suggest it, but if she had radiation and chemo 2 yrs ago,i would be looking at a bone scan maybe.Try to avoid radiation if she can.It brings the cancer back to more people than not. I know, I am one of them. Found out about 7-8 weeks ago.

If I only knew then what I do now. Sorry for the highjack.

Side effects.

positive.........Hair and nail growth,appetite,excellent sleep,pain relief,happiness,calmness,lower blood pressure,better mood, overall feeling of wellness.

Negative..... dosing is a mystery at first,hard to get out of bed,possible impairments to driving,activity or even speech.paranoia,hallucinations,oversleeping, panic attacks.

These are all symptoms experienced by myself or my patients.The majority of the negative side effects are due to improper dosing
or mixing the oil with intake of another nature(smoking, or especially edibles).

survivor

Postby ladyred » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:56 am
Has anyone experienced nausea and loss of appetite when taking RSO? I have stage IV Breast Cancer, non-hormonal and now in my lungs. I wonder if it could be "die-off" of the cancer making me so nauseated. I smoke to relieve the nausea which helps. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I feel that the major tumor is shrinking....but waiting for blood tests to be sure.

ladyred
New User

Postby Christian » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

ladyred wrote:Has anyone experienced nausea and loss of appetite when taking RSO? I have stage IV Breast Cancer, non-hormonal and now in my lungs. I wonder if it could be "die-off" of the cancer making me so nauseated. I smoke to relieve the nausea which helps. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I feel that the major tumor is shrinking....but waiting for blood tests to be sure.

Haven't heard about that one, normally people gain an appetite if they were using chemo meds or other reasons for having lack of strength/appetite.

Christian
Site Admin

archivebot
Site Admin

Postby archivebot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:54 pm

by drchen054 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:38 pm

ladyred wrote:Has anyone experienced nausea and loss of appetite when taking RSO? I have stage IV Breast Cancer, non-hormonal and now in my lungs. I wonder if it could be "die-off" of the cancer making me so nauseated. I smoke to relieve the nausea which helps. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I feel that the major tumor is shrinking....but waiting for blood tests to be sure.

Hi, you may want to look at this fellow's suggestion below. He claims to have some ways to decrease side effects of hemp. Also he does talk about appetite/hydration which is related to the orginal poster's concerns:

How to Dose Correctly Using Rick Simpson Concentrated Cannabis Oil...

Take a dab (about the size of a 1/2 grain of rice) and put it on one of your index fingers. Place your index finger between your gum and cheek and hold there pressing firmly without moving for about 8-10 seconds (on your gum)...then slightly moving your finger (circular or side to side) rub until you feel it grab to your gum. Pull out your finger and take a look to see where the rest of the concentrate has moved. Apply another amount that is on your finger right next to the spot you just did and repeat the procedure. Then you can take the rest, put it on your tongue, scrap it on the back of your teeth until you don't see any more oil (there will be a sticky film on your finger, I heat it up slightly using a hair dryer and apply to a mole, zit, scar, etc.).
How the concentrate oil works when using this application to the gum first. By the concentrated cannabis oil going directly to your receptors in the brain controls whatever has been digested to the lower receptors and done properly there is absolutely no euphoric. This procedure of dosing CONTROLS & REGULATES just like a PC CPU works sending info where it needs to be (meds where it needs to be).

Amount of dosage for PM maintenance is a grain of rice per day. Personally I use a 1/2 grain of rice of Sativa for the day time (my preferred blend is Harlequin chocked full of CBDs & Blue Dream 50/50) and in the late evening I use a 1/2 grain of rice of Indica/OG staying away from any mix of Sativa about an hour before bed. BTW you will sleep like a baby (best sleep I've ever had).

Amount of dosage for anything that has a mutating cells of nasties (cancer as an example... all but bone cancer from what I understand). On Rick Simpson blog (Phoenixtears) he mentions a 82 yr. old man dosing 2 grams of concentrated cannabis oil and go about his business normally! Anyone in the know, 2 grams of oil a day would put an elephant down. He certainly didn't consume it all at one time. It’s impossible to put that much on the gums and digest all at once. It’s done by dosing every couple of hours. Tack on your gum in several places with the above mentioned method, then swallow the rest. In this case (2 grams) about 1/4 gram per dose 8 times a day. Remember that 60 grams of concentrated cannabis oil is about what’s needed for the cure of cancer. Rick Simpson suggest a gram a day for 60 days with a PM of a grain of rice for 30 days, however, he mentioned the faster you can dose the 60 grams the faster the cure. Personally I would opt for the 60 days (the dose would be a 2/10 of a gram 5 times a day). This is a GUIDELINE as everyone tolerance levels are different & medications play a HUGE role also...especially blood pressure meds. The cannabis concentrated oil regulates blood pressure (tacking 1st of course, if swallowed without putting on your gums first will make your blood pressure to LOW and have adverse effects such as passing out) and I found out the blood pressure med is not needed as well as others who have used the concentrated cannabis oil.

Like most meds start off small and work your way up learning to dose correctly until you have reached your comfort zone. Again, taken properly you can drive, work, do anything that you normally would do with no euphoric high.

Cannabis concentrated oil is the BEST med in the world...and I mean anything that I've come across it fixes or stabilizes. Diabetes, blood pressure, colds, flu, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, pain (works so well morphine or oxycontin is like a aspirin) , cuts, burns, acme, migraines, kills mutating cells and much much more. Sativa concentrated oil curbs appetite, Indica enhances appetite. Sativa works on depression, keeps you alert with bounds of energy. On the other hand Indica is great for inducing sleep... and sleep is a GREAT healer in its own right. For people suffering from Parkinsons, Indica is the only strain my friend uses as Sativa makes his tremors worst while Indica helps calm them.

Side affects of cannabis concentrated oil:
If using Sativa you must stay hydrated and eat regardless if you feel like it or not. I had one bad day (thought the oil wasn't working) due to not hydrating and eating regular, btw I hydrated and ate properly the next day and was right back to feeling great again. Your portions will easily cut in half in a couple of weeks or so and it is important to snack in between meals (fruit, smoothies, etc.) If using indica only eating won't be a problem but use caution not to overeat. The concentrated oil is truly a miracle drug, that being said, like everything in life it doesn't do EVERYTHING for you. You have to learn to live a healthier life and combined with cannabis concentrated oil it can be easily achieved. Funny how this oil works...you get addicted on how well you HEALTH is and with little effort you can easily get rid of bad habits. One last side effect...the taste, which can vary quite a bit on how your concentrate is made. The more chlorophyll and sugars you pull out while washing your bud the worst the taste. THC, CBD, etc. are naturally bitter in taste. After dosing just eat a cookie, etc. and the taste goes away. Side effects I can live with EASILY !

Hope this helps out anyone who is taking the oil for meds, want their life back without the euphoric high. In fact, taking the cannabis concentrated oil properly and achieving good health is better than any high you ever imagined. I've been smoking MJ right around 50 years so I don't make this statement lightly.
drchen054

drchen054
Site Guide

Postby Ninini » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:06 pm

In my opinion you are taking too much of it. How many drops do you take a day?
Even if it is an anti-emetic, large doses can lead to nausea an related vomit or loss of appetite, which should vanished as soon as the the "high" passes by.
If it is like this, you maybe want to try and reduce it in order to give to your body the ability to tolerate it.
As soon as you feel good, more than 3 days, you can increase he doses.
I usually increase of one drop per time in 3 times dose.
I'm not sure if this helps, maybe is too basic.
Best of luck

Return to “General Discussion for Hemp Oil”